10/02/2005

Are things changing? Possibly

It's becoming quite clear that the additions from Cleveland were a great decision. Reggie Hayward showed today in the game that he is a force from that defensive end spot. But, being able to have Brown, Warren, Myers, and Ekuban for roughly the same price is most definitely a better situation.

I've already stated I was wrong about Darrent Williams. I also said Foxworth was possibly the best corner we have drafted this year. In all honesty in play from the cornerback position I'd say it's a tossup between the two. But, Karl Paymah is most definitely a joke.

Do Foxworth and Williams make up for the wasted pick spent on Clarett, Paymah's horrid play and the burnouts of Myers and Ernster? We'll see. They most certainly in themselves can't make up for the rash of draft failures in past years. But the NFL is a "what have you done for me know" business and if it leads to success this year then hey, no harm no foul.

No comments: